Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why I do What I do.

My first post... I better make it good then!

So I'll start my blog out with why I love what I do. I do photography. I'm a photographer. Why I am where I am right now truly makes me believe that everything happens for a reason.

I had always liked Photography. I always thought that it was this beautiful thing that I was so confused about and wanted to learn more. I'm still confused at times but I know millions more than I did 5 years ago.

I had picked photography as an elective for my junior year of high school, not thinking that I was really going to get into it as much as I did. I remember getting my schedule and seeing Photography as my first period class. I was furious. This was my back up class, I didn't REALLY want to get in. I immediately went to the office to try and fix this "problem" with my schedule. I was pretty much told too bad and ended up staying in the class. And I fell in love.

It was an all film class only black and white. We rolled, took, developed our own film. Every time we were handed a new assignment I got so excited. I would want to go to school to develop the film to see what I had done. I had made these black the black they were I had made the whites white. It was a mind-blowing experience. I'd always go to school to get more film so I could take different types of the projects my teacher had given us. It was just the perfect fit to what I needed. I had never felt like I was good at anything but when I picked up my camera, I felt alive. The noise my shutter made as I took a picture made me so excited.

As the year went on I kept loving Photography more and more my teacher suggested I try the Advanced Portfolio for my senior year. And in a heartbeat I said yes. It was such a great learning experience. And now I'm a student at Brook's Institute in Ventura. I've never felt such excitement in a classroom. I actually felt like I was in the right place.


Alright, I think thats enough for the night.

Until Next Time,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment